Pupil Premium Funding
At Kintbury St Mary's CE Primary School we are committed to ensuring that every child can realise their potential. We believe that children who belong to disadvanaged groups should be given any support needed to ensure they have the same opportunities to succeed as their peers. We use pupil premuium funding to support this approach in school.
The Pupil Premium gives schools additional funding to raise the attainment of disadvantaged children.
Pupils are eligible for the Pupil Premium if:
- They are currently eligible for free school meals (as opposed to the universal free school meals offered to all pupils in Foundation and Key Stage1 – see Lunchtimes for more information)
- They have been eligible for free school meals at any time in the previous 6 years of their primary education
- They have been adopted from care
- They have been or are looked after
- They have left care under a special guardianship order, a residence order or a child arrangements order.
The school uses the Pupil Premium to provide additional curriculum support to eligible children through targeted interventions, booster sessions, 1:1 tuition, purchase of specialist equipment and resources or financial assistance with school trips. We are also able to help with the purchase of school uniform.
The school also uses the Pupil Premium to ensure eligible children have the same opportunities to access extra-curricular activities, whether these take place in school or outside school. The school can for example pay for fees and/or assist with the purchase of musical instruments or special equipment.
The school publishes a report with detailed information on the use made of the Pupil Premium Grant received.
If parents or carers would like more information about the Pupil Premium, or would like to request financial assistance, they must contact the school business manager in the school office. Request for financial assistance must be agreed in advance.
The PPG strategy statement details how the school intends to spend the pupil premium in 2017-2018 and outlines how we will measure the impact of our expenditure.
PPG strategy document